Pearson Customer Service Representative in Amherst, Massachusetts
Customer Service Representative
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are 100 percent aligned to state standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a member of the Customer Contact Center. The CSR is responsible for responding to a high volume of inquiries about the company’s products or services by following standard scripts, policies, and procedures. The CSR takes inbound calls, LiveChat, and/or emails from examinees and others regarding teacher certification programs, website issues, complaints, etc.
● Trained in and proficient in responding to inquiries across many programs. At a minimum, 6 programs and at least one communication channel.
● Identify customer needs and expectations
● Responsible for promptly and accurately addressing customer inquiries using various systems and resources (computer systems, published materials, and websites)
● Serve as primary contact for inbound customer issues. Escalate more technical product-related issues to the proper Product Support department.
● Track and document inbound support requests using established Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues. Update customer information and ensure accurate entry of contact information.
● Maintain quality service by following established policies and procedures
● Ensure proper security procedures are followed on all customer interactions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Formal education or equivalent experience (note: this is the minimum requirement. Equivalent experience in lieu of a formal degree should be listed.)
● Bachelor’s degree is preferred
● Typically 18 mos. to 3 years of customer service experience
● Experience with a call center management phone system
Skills/knowledge/abilities – (list specific functional areas of knowledge required within a discipline; e.g., credit, accounts payable, etc.)
● Knowledge of organization’s products, services, and business operations
● Must be proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel), PC operations, web browsing, and web navigation
● Should have knowledge for Google Suite of products (Gdocs, Gsheets, etc)
● Demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills. Spanish language skills are a plus but not required.
● Strong attention to detail and good listening skills
● Experience with LiveChat a plus
This position will work Monday - Friday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
Remote work not available
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MA-Amherst
Work Locations: US-MA-Hadley-300 Venture Way 300 Venture Way Amherst 01002
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 1, 2017
Req ID: 1708150